AUTOMOTIVE INTELLIGENCE GATHERING BY AD PUNCTUM
All the key auto industry news summarised and neatly organised. Look at a specific company or look at auto industry trends. You can read it online or receive an email briefing.
If you wish to sign-up then please fill in the form (it will bring you back to this page afterwards). If you would like to discuss more-real time monitoring or information on a specific topic then please email or call.
Latest Automotive Industry News and Trends Briefing
Favourite stories of the past week…?
- This Is How We Do It -- Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer gave an interesting interview the other day. Aside from some details about the company’s strategy, there is an idiot’s guide to product planning and segmentation that should be required reading at well-funded start-ups. He also gives a view on why there are a dearth of carmakers in the 15,000 - 150,000 annual volume category.
- Wasting My Time In The Waiting Line -- Electric vehicles seem to be getting harder to buy in Europe, with reports of long waiting lists at many manufacturers. Will manufacturers see customers wait patiently or will they defect to those with supply available? Customers don’t shop around as much as many people think so if you lose them now, they might not be back once you start taking supply seriously.
- If You Wanna Ride With Me -- Europcar is putting together a service where it will provide a taxi ride to and from the rental centre. It’s likely to be expensive but this is the right sort of thinking for companies that really want to change mobility and take people out of car ownership. It needs to be made easy (getting there), cheap (a bit of work to do) and abundant (the units are there, its just the arrangement that is woeful).
- Friends Will Be Friends -- The web of autonomous vehicle development becomes ever more complex: Continental (already part of the BMW/Intel group) and partnering with Nvidia (who are working with Volkswagen); Hyundai (working with Aurora) seem to be close to joining BMW/Intel; and Aurora (VW/Hyundai) just agreed a deal to work with Byton. The upshot is that the sooner everyone tots up umpteen different working relationships, the sooner they realise that they can combine forces much more effectively.
Archive: Prior Automotive Industry News and Trends Briefings
- December 28th to January 1st 2018 Blog OR PDF
- December 18th to December 27th Blog OR PDF
- December 11th to December 17th Blog OR PDF
- December 4th to December 10th Blog OR PDF
- November 27th to December 3rd Blog OR PDF
- November 20th to November 26th Blog OR PDF
- November 13th to November 19th Blog OR PDF
- November 6th to November 12th Blog OR PDF
- October 30th to November 5th Blog OR PDF
- October 23rd to October 29th Blog OR PDF
- October 16th to October 22nd Blog OR PDF
- October 9th to October 15th Blog OR PDF
- October 2nd to October 8th Blog OR PDF
- September 25th to October 1st Blog OR PDF
- September 18th to September 24th Blog OR PDF
- September 11th to September 17th Blog OR PDF
- September 4th to September 10th Blog OR PDF
- August 28th to September 3rd Blog OR PDF
- August 21st to August 27th Blog OR PDF
- August 14th to August 20th Blog OR PDF
- August 7th to August 13th Blog OR PDF
- July 31st to August 6th Blog OR PDF
- July 24th to July 30th Blog OR PDF
- July 17th to July 23rd Blog OR PDF
- July 10th to July 16th Blog OR PDF
- July 3rd to July 9th Blog OR PDF
- June 26th to July 2nd Blog OR PDF
- June 19th to June 25th Blog OR PDF
- June 12th to June 18th Blog OR PDF
- June 5th to June 11th Blog OR PDF
- May 29th to June 4th Blog OR PDF
- May 22nd to May 28th Blog OR PDF
- May 15th to May 21st Blog OR PDF
- May 8th to May 14th Blog OR PDF
- May 1st to May 7th Blog OR PDF
- April 24th to April 30th Blog OR PDF
- April 17th to April 23rd Blog OR PDF
- April 10th to April 16th Blog OR PDF
- April 3rd to April 9th PDF